If you are experiencing pain in areas such as knee, neck, and back, an acupressure mat may be just the answer for an inexpensive in-home treatment.
In this article, we’ve published the best acupressure mat reviews to help you make a better decision as to what product will be best for you and your situation.
- Why Should You Use an Acupressure Mat?
- Additional Benefits in Owning An Acupressure Mat
- So How Does It Work?
- The Acupressure Mat Can Be an Addition to Your Pain Management Arsenal
- Top 10 Acupressure Mat Reviews:
- 1. The Nayoya Back & Neck Pain Acupressure Mat
- 2. Spoonk Cotton Pagoda Acupressure Mat
- 3. Zensufu Acupressure Mat
- 4. The Spoonk Three Piece Combo Set
- 5. ProSource Mat and Pillow Acupressure Set
- 6. Solidback – Back Stretcher
- 7. Yogu Acupressure Mat
- 8. The Zen Guru Complete Acupressure Package
- 9. Artree Acupressure Set
- 10. The Super India Store Tool
- Choose the Right Acupressure Solution:
- Using Your Acupressure Mat:
- If your mat does not include a pillow, use a small pillow, place under your head and drape the mat over the pillow.
- Use Acupressure to Promote a Natural Healing
- Acupressure Mats Not Only Made for Back Pain
- How Do You Choose the Best Acupressure Mat
- Do You Get a Warranty on Your Acupressure Mat?
Why Should You Use an Acupressure Mat?
Throughout the years, modern medicine has been able to produce miraculous treatments for various conditions and diseases.
However, when visiting the doctor for medical ailments such as stress, insomnia, poor circulation, muscle pain, back pain, high blood pressure, headaches, etc, usually the first thing the physician does is to prescribe medications.
And, if these medications aren’t sufficient for reducing symptoms, additional or substitute treatments may be prescribed.
One of the best alternative ways to solve many conditions is the use of an Acupressure Mat.
Additional Benefits in Owning An Acupressure Mat
Plus, an acupressure mat can also help relieve tension and incorporate a feeling of relaxation throughout your entire body.
And it can actually take the place of acupuncture and/or massages without visiting a spa, therapist, or chiropractor office outside of your home.
So How Does It Work?
Very simply, an acupressure mat is covered with sharp plastic rosettes or nubs that massage and stimulate the body’s pressure points.
This, in turn, releases muscle tension and increases blood circulation.
The Acupressure Mat Can Be an Addition to Your Pain Management Arsenal
Our complete buyer’s guide featuring some of the best acupressure mats may offer a substitute answer for the relief of certain ailments, conditions and over all relaxation.
Top 10 Acupressure Mat Reviews:
|1||The Nayoya Back & Neck Pain Acupressure Mat||Yes||26 x 17 x 1||Check Price|
|2||Spoonk Cotton Pagoda Acupressure Mat||No||27.5 x 1 x 16.5||Check Price|
|3||Zensufu Acupressure Mat||Yes||Check Price|
|4||The Spoonk Three Piece Combo Set||Yes||16 x 5 x 20||Check Price|
|5||ProSource Mat and Pillow Acupressure Set||Yes||16.5 x 9.5 x 8||Check Price|
|6||Solidback – Back Stretcher||No||11.8 x 3.5 x 11.4||Check Price|
|7||Yogu Acupressure Mat||Yes||29 x 17 x 1||Check Price|
|8||Zen Guru Complete Acupressure Package||Yes||12 x 12 x 5||Check Price|
|9||Artree Acupressure Set||Yes||Check Price|
|10||The Super India Store Tool||No||12x12.5||Check Price|
As we look at the best acupressure mat choices, one of the biggest differences to note among them is the physical dimensions of the actual mat size.
Also, most do come with pillows as a set, but there are a couple that do not include some sort of pillow for the head and neck areas.
The Nayoya Back & Neck Pain Acupressure mat is a number one seller for many reasons.
The price is right and it delivers 6,210 pressure points for your sore back and shoulders.
It includes a pillow with more pressure points to relieve stress in both your neck and head.
This mat is a featured item in many health magazines and is also used in health trials.
More than 90% of participants taking part in studies while using this mat reported increased relaxation, sleep improvement, and pain relief.
Using the mat requires no complicated learning curves or workout routines.
It can be used while watching your favorite TV show, sitting back listening to music or when lying in bed.
Some people find it beneficial to use while they are sleeping, although that is not it’s purpose to be effective.
The mat rolls up easily, and you can carry it with you when leaving home or traveling on a trip.
Superb Features and Benefits:
- The Nayoya mat has been tested by health practitioners and is considered a worthwhile purchase.
- It can be used while watching TV, sleeping, or resting.
- It helps to relieve the lower and upper back while the cushion is great for tension relief in the neck.
- The mat is washable as it has a removable foam padding.
- It can be used as a great foot massage and comes with a carry bag.
- The mat measures 26″x 17″ x 1″, and the pillow measures 16″ x 7 “x 3”.
With the Spoonk Cotton Pagoda acupressure mat, you can relieve your back pain in a simple way with 6200 stimulation points.
It is inexpensive, attractive, and well made.
The mat is made from a natural fiber compared to other brands available on the market.
It is lightweight with an Eco-foam design that is easy to roll up and pack away in the drawstring bag that is included.
Lying on this mat helps with muscle tension relief, blood pressure, and headaches. All you need to do is roll out the mat and lie on it.
There is no workout routine required for its benefits, and you can use it anywhere.
The mat can be rolled or folded and placed under your head.
Many people using the Spoonk acupressure mat have received proven results in relieving back pain, tension, headaches, and muscle stiffness.
Unique Features and Benefits:
- The Spoonk Cotton Pagoda acupressure mat is covered by an attractive design.
- Eco foam filling made in the USA.
- Can be used for a foot massage while standing.
- Helps to relieve back pain and can improve blood circulation.
- It can be rolled up and used as a neck pillow and includes a carrying bag.
- The mat measures 27.5″ x 16.5″ x 1″.
- Offered is a 30-day money back guarantee plus an additional 5-year limited warranty
For a combination set of mats, the Zensufu acupressure mat is a viable choice.
Both the pillow and mat have small plastic points that offer relief from the top of your head down to your lower back.
Use it when sitting, sleeping, or resting.
The Zensufu Acupressure Mat contains over 6000 stimulation points and the discs are not as sharp compared to other brands which is easier for more sensitive users.
It can be used for feet, arms, back, neck, hands, and legs. Begin with 10 minutes and eventually work up to 20 – 30 minutes.
Outstanding Features and Benefits:
- This is an affordable acupressure mat with pillow.
- Use it while lying down or sitting.
- The points are not as sharp as in other brands.
- Helps improve blood circulation and relieve tension.
- Comes with a vinyl carrying bag.
- 100% cotton, plastic points, foam rubber cushioning.
- There is no mention of warranty.
The Spoonk Three Piece Combo set includes regular mat with 6200 pressure points, a travel size mat that can be rolled into a pillow, and a massage Grove ball.
Now you can massage your whole body from head to toes!
The smaller mat can also be used for a foot massage while standing on it.
The mats are made from a soft cotton material and have non-allergenic foam padding inside while the points are made from durable plastic.
If you want a whole body tension release, this combo set is perfect. There is little to dislike about this collection.
6200 points may be a bit painful to lie on, but this is a norm with any acupressure mat and needs getting used to for some people.
This is one of the best acupressure mats with some great reviews.
First-rated Features and Benefits:
- This superb combo set includes a regular mat measuring 27.5″ x 16.5″, a travel mat measuring 14″ x 16.5″ to use as a cushion, and the new Spoonk Grove massage ball.
- The mats are made from Eco-friendly material.
- Helps to relieve back pain, stiff neck, shoulder pain, tension, and improves sleep.
- Has a great feeling on the skin when lying on the cotton material.
- Rolls up to pack away or use the travel bag when traveling.
- Use while lying or seated.
- Use the travel mat as a pillow to relieve neck tension.
- Receive a one-year warranty with a 30-day refund guarantee.
Another superb acupressure set is the ProSource combo set that includes a mat and pillow.
The combo set is available in seven different colors to suit your personality.
If you suffer from chronic back pain, this acupressure mat can help relieve the pain and many other ailments.
It is an inexpensive set, and the dedicated pillow can be used separately from the acupressure mat.
The mat itself gives you 6,210 pressure points while the pillow has a total of 1,782.
Both the mat and pillow are made of thick cotton with Eco-friendly plant-based foam.
Both mats can be used up to 30-minutes a day at any time.
The cover can be hand washed simply by detaching it using the handy Velcro strips. Additionally, you can wipe down the foam and leave allow to air dry.
Exceptional Features and Benefits:
- The combo set has a separate mat and neck pillow.
- Choose from seven different vibrant colors.
- The complete set has a combination of nearly 8000 pressure points.
- Comprised of natural material and Eco-foam.
- Use it while lying down or sitting.
- The mat measures 25″ x 15.75″. The pillow is 14.25″ x 4″.
An alternative to a mat for lower back problems is a back stretcher device.
The Solidback stretcher Is considered one of the best in this category.
A back stretcher is designed to stretch back muscles and help align the spinal cord.
An acupressure mat does not help with stretching whereas a back stretcher loosens up knots to get circulation flowing.
It helps to reverse the bend in your spine while lying on the floor.
Some users have also found that this stretcher can also be used while sitting and positioning at the painful location of the back.
If you spend hours at your desk resulting in lower back pain, this is one of the best acupressure stretchers available on the market.
Relief for many back conditions can be addressed with the Solidback including sciatica, lumber and lower back pain, poor posture, and many other correlating back conditions.
The covering of the pyramid layout is designed in an arc shape that stimulates sore & painful muscles.
By using the Solidback, visits to a chiropractor may be reduced or eliminated.
Terrific Features and Benefits:
- Helps increase flexibility.
- Great to use if you are an active sports person, or sit at a desk for hours.
- Provides immediate to long term relief for many back conditions.
- Treats most conditions associated with back pain.
- Dimensions: 11 7/8″ x11 5/8″ x3 5/8″.
- Composition is a dense Eva foam material.
There is no need to visit a spa when you use the Yogu mat & pillow acupressure set.
It is a great reliever of stress, tension, and aches and pains.
The mat has dimensions of 28″x17″x1″.
Lightweight and portable, which makes it really easy to take with you.
The mats are easy to use and includes a pillow with plastic nodes.
When you lay down on it for the first time you feel a sharp poking sensation. After a couple of minutes, it subsides, and then you start feeling relaxed.
The headrest is great if you want to lift your head a little to relieve tension in the neck and shoulders.
Fabulous Features and Benefits:
- The Yogu pillow and mat help to increase energy levels and improve sleep.
- Relieves different ailments and pain.
- Choose from 6 colors.
- Pillow can be used to stand on for feet stimulation.
For a great product, the Zen Guru complete acupressure package is reasonably priced.
Additionally, it comes with a pillow, mat, reflexology foot chart and a carrying bag.
This set utilizes magnets that are strategically placed for neck, spine, and lumbar areas.
The mat itself has 6,210 pressure points while the pillow has 1,782 pressure points.
Use it in combination with the reflexology foot chart on the back of the mat to relieve certain pressure points for relief of different ailments by standing on the mat.
The mat measures 26″x17″x1″, and the pillow measures 17″x7″x3″.
The mat and pillows are made from cotton and memory foam.
Marvelous Features and Benefits:
- Has loads of acupressure points.
- Designed with Magnetostatic field therapy.
- Lifetime money-back guarantee.
- Includes mat, pillow, reflexology chart and carrying bag.
- Made from cotton and memory foam.
- Has strategically placed magnets targeting the spine, neck, and back lumbar regions.
- No directions, but actually not needed for use.
The Artree acupressure set is one of the higher cost sets listed in our reviews but well worth the additional price.
It comes in a cool, restful two toned blue color. The carrying bag is embossed with a white swivel design.
Both the mat and smaller size mat pillow are made from Organic 55% linen and 45% cotton.
It is filled with eco-film that is long lasting and washable.
The body mat contains 5,040 flower shaped spikes and the pillow contains 2,232 points.
Dimensions for the are mat – 27.5″ x 16.5″ x 1″ The pillow measures 15″ x 12″.5 x 5″.
Again, as with all acupressure mats, the Artree set helps to relieve pain from neck to shoulders to back.
It can help reduce headaches, especially at night time for better sleep. It helps deliver total relaxation and sense of well being.
Magnificent Features and Benefits:
- The kit includes body mat, smaller version of mat for traveling, beautiful blue storage bag.
- The mat and pillow have a combination of 7,272 pressure points to help relieve stress and pain.
- Made of exceptional mat fabrics of linen and cotton.
- This is a new, improved version of the Artree mat & pillow set.
- Great reviews.
The Super India Store tools is designed for spot treatment and different problem areas such as the bottom of your feet.
If you need your whole body to be relieved of stress and pain, the full acupressure mat would be a better selection.
With this kit, you receive a free acupressure K-Roll deluxe, Su-Jok ball, thumb, and Su-Jok ring for your finger, energy role for your hands and feet, acupressure tool, reflexology chart for hands and feet.
It consists of 22 bio magnets, micro point charger, and energy ball.
Included is an acupressure mat which is very compact to use.
When applying your feet to the mat you will feel extreme pressures. To help, you can use thin cotton socks or a cotton cloth to relieve the pressure.
Tremendous Features and Benefits:
- The package includes 22 bio magnets, energy ball, and a micro point charger.
- It helps to stimulate blood, oxygen flow and relieve different ailments.
- It is easy to use and has no side effects.
- The complete package has many helpful items, including: acupressure K-Roll deluxe, Acu Tool, reflexology chart for hands and feet, acupressure mat for feet, Acu thumb, Su-Jok ring for the finger, and Su-Jok ball.
- The spikes are perfectly placed.
- There is no mention of warranty.
Choose the Right Acupressure Solution:
Our selection of the top 10 – acupressure mats will give you alternative ideas for addressing specific area pain.
For relieving back pain, these products are affordable.
If you want to improve flexibility over blood circulation the Solidback is the best product to use.
For those who have sensitive skin the Zensufu has the least irritating spikes, but may not be as effective as the rest of the acupressure mats when it comes to stimulation.
If you are concerned about the price, you can look at the ProSource, as it is affordable and well made.
Using Your Acupressure Mat:
- For migraines – place mat on a hard service and lie down on it.
If your mat does not include a pillow, use a small pillow, place under your head and drape the mat over the pillow.
- Relax in this position and breathe slowly and start rocking your head from one side to the other.
- For back and neck treatment – place the mat on your bed and wear a t-shirt if you find the sensation too strong.
- Lay on it for 35-45 minutes.
- For acute back pain it is best to place the mat on the floor and pull your knees up to your chest or roll the mat up and place it under your neck.
- For deep sleep treatment – lay on the mat placed on your bed with your head on the pillow and breathe deeply for 5-minutes – once ready to sleep remove the mat.
- For abdomen relaxation – place the mat beneath your abdomen for about 25 minutes.
- Combine this with a face massage treatment using a travel size mat in combination with the large mat.
- For a face massage treatment – position your face while covering your ear with a cloth and lie on each side for 5-minutes.
- The indentation disappears after 15 minutes.
- This helps to increase the circulation in your face, leaving it with a glow and produces collagen.
A Word of Caution
If you have high blood pressure, are pregnant, have any neuropathy, suffer from any bleeding disorder, or any form of blood thinning medication except for aspirin, it may not be recommended to use the acupressure mat.
If you happen to have any form of skin infection or inflammation, it is also best not to use the mat until cleared up.
However, if you have been to the doctor and your high blood pressure is regulated, use the acupressure mat with appropriate caution.
If you have heart issues, sensitive skin or any form of a serious medical condition, always consult your physician first before using any of these products.
If you have experienced any form of seizure, always use the mat in the company of supervision while in use.
Always hang the mat up after use or roll it up and keep it in your carrying bag.
The acupressure mats are not made for use by children and best to keep it out of their reach.
Never expose any of these products to heat, fire, or acetone.
Use Acupressure to Promote a Natural Healing
In some respects, acupressure is related to acupuncture.
The only difference with acupressure is that needles are not inserted.
Invigorating pressure that is applied to aching muscles by using different trigger points helps to promote a natural healing process and relieve stress.
An acupressure mat surface contains discs that look like little plastic flowers. Lying on one of these mats helps reduce stress and muscle aches via these discs.
Not only does it help to relieve stress and pain but it also helps with blood circulation and an overall sense of relaxation.
Once you lie down on the mat, the discs feel like a nail bed which provides stimulation to get blood flowing and loosen muscles.
Acupressure Mats Not Only Made for Back Pain
These mats are great for different users to massage tired feet or completely lie on them to relax.
You can even buy acupressure mats with extended pillows with discs to massage the upper part of your body and neck.
This is great if you have tension on your shoulders and neck and great if you suffer from headaches.
How Do You Choose the Best Acupressure Mat
Acupressure mats are popular around the world, and these days you can buy different brands of acupressure mats.
When you look at the different acupressure mats, there may not seem to be a significant difference between them except for the price.
But you still need to consider some factors when buying an acupressure mat that include the following:
- The material the acupressure mats made from.
- The quality of the material the supplier used.
- Is the material toxic or have they used foam.
- Does the mat have a warranty when you buy it.
Always make sure that the material used is non-toxic and made of high quality.
The material used should be breathable, and the best material is linen and natural cotton.
Some are made of synthetic fabrics and not breathable.
When looking at the spikes or discs, they should be non-toxic and ABS plastic, similar to what is used in Lego blocks.
If you look at the cheaper acupressure mats, it may have a toxic BPA material used in it.
If you choose a foam mat, choose one made from Eco-foam or rubber.
The Quality and Adhesives Used in the Mat
Some manufacturers may use low-quality cotton and the mat may pull apart easily with use.
Choose a mat made with high-quality material to last you decades.
Always insist on buying a mat where no glue used.
Cheaper mats may have the spikes are attached with toxic glue. Beware if non-toxic glue is mentioned. Sometimes you will smell the glue when using the mat.
An acupressure mat is designed to improve your health, not to make you sick!
Check the Foam
In general, manufacturers use polyurethane foam for cushioning in the mats.
Heavenly acupressure mats uses a non-toxic foam rubber while Pranamat Eco is made from coconut fibers. Spoonk uses Eco-foam as cushioning in their acupressure mats.
Do You Get a Warranty on Your Acupressure Mat?
If a company stands behind their brand, they will offer a great warranty.
This indicates a high-quality product, and it is built to last.
Look out for the traditional warranty of only 30 to 60 days. Rather look for a brand that gives you at least a year warranty.
When you think of the price of a bottle of medicine or painkillers, an acupressure mat is worthwhile buying and may cost you less in the end.
Using any one of these top acupressure mats will help relieve back pain, supplement with body relaxation and improve blood circulation.
It can heal many ailments, and with a well-balanced diet you can live in the 21st century feeling healthy.