Top 10 Acupressure Mat 2018 Reviews – Detailed Buyer Guide
Sometimes using the old ways is the best way and this is where our top 10 Acupressure Mat reviews come in handy. Over the years, modern medicine produced miraculous treatments for different conditions and diseases. However, when visiting the doctor for ailments such as stress, insomnia, poor circulation, muscle pain, or back pains the first things they prescribe you are medicine.
If those pills do not help, what happens, they prescribe you more – with our complete buyers guide on the best acupressure mats there is no need of turning to your pharmacist or doctor to relieve certain ailments. This is one of the best alternative ways to solve many problems, and that is to use your acupressure mat.
Top 10 Acupressure Mat Reviews:
- 1 Top 10 Acupressure Mat Reviews:
- 2 1. The Nayoya Back & Neck Pain Acupressure Mat
- 3 2. Spook Cotton Pagoda Acupressure Mat:
- 4 3. Zensufu Acupressure Mat:
- 5 4. The Spoonk Three Piece Combo Set:
- 6 5. ProSource Mat and Pillow Acupressure Set:
- 7 6. The Spinal Labs PT Lumbar Back Stretcher:
- 8 7. The Hemingweigh Complete Acupressure Set:
- 9 8. The Zen Guru Complete Acupressure Package:
- 10 9. The Savasana Now Acupressure Tool Set:
- 11 10. The Super India Store Tool:
- 12 Use Acupressure to Promote a Natural Healing:
- 13 Acupressure Mat
If you are tired of taking handfuls of pills when suffering from headaches and back pain and improve your sleep choose an acupressure mat, but choose wisely.
The Nayoya Back & Neck Pain Acupressure mat is a number one seller for good reasons. The price is right and delivers 6210 pressure points for your sore back and your shoulders. It includes a pillow with more pressure points to relieve stress in your neck and head.
This mat is a featured item in different health magazines and used for different health trials. More than 90% of participants taking part in studies while using this mat reported increased relaxation sleep improvement and pain relief.
Use the mat requires no complicated studies or workout routines and can use it while you are watching your favorite TV show, or when lying in your bed. Some people even use it while they are sleeping. The mat rolls up easily, and you can carry it with you when leaving home or on a trip. The only negative thing noted was that it does not come with instructions.
Superb Features and Benefits:
- The Nayoya mat tested by health practitioners and worthwhile buying,
- Have different uses as you can use it while watching TV, sleeping, or resting,
- It helps to relieve the lower back and upper back while the cushion is great for tension relief in the neck,
- You can wash the mat as it has a removable foam padding,
- You can use it for a great foot massage and comes with a carry bag, and
- The mat measures 26 x 17 x 1-inches, and the pillow measures 16 x 7 x 3-inches
With the Spook Cotton Pagoda acupressure mat, you can relieve your back pain in a simple way. It is cheap, attractive, and well made. The mats made from a natural fiber compared to other brands available on the market. It’s lightweight with an Eco-foam design that is easy to roll up and pack away. You receive included a drawstring bag.
Lying on this mat helps you with muscle tension relief, blood pressure, and headaches. All you need to do is roll out the mat and lie on it. There is no workout routine, and you can use it anywhere. The grid has pointy plastic spikes and has a natural, cotton feel to it. The only thing is that you do not receive an extra cushion for it.
On the other hand, you can roll it into a sausage form and place it under your head. There have been some minor complaints that you cannot lie on the spikes too long. Many people using the Pagoda acupressure mat have received proven results in relieving blood circulation, back pain, tension, headaches, and muscle stiffness.
Unique Features and Benefits:
- The Spook Cotton Pagoda acupressure mat has a lovely design on it making it look attractive to use anywhere,
- It is big enough for you to lie on and covers your whole back,
- Can use it for a foot massage while standing,
- Helps to relieve pain in the back and improves your blood circulation,
- Can roll it up and use it as a neck pillow and includes a carrying bag, and
- You receive a 30-day money back guarantee plus an additional 5-year limited warranty
For a combination set of mats, the Zensufu acupressure mat is what you need. Both the pillow and mat have different disks to give you relief off the top of your head down to your back. Use it when sitting, sleeping, or lying flat down on it.
There is no complication in using the mat and the discs not as sharp compared to other brands and great for sensitive users. The mat has 1000s of needles on them, and you can use it for your feet, arms, back, neck, hands, and legs and requires only ten minutes of your time.
Outstanding Features and Benefits:
- You receive an affordable acupressure mat with pillow,
- Use it while lying down or sitting,
- The discs are not as sharp as seen in other brands,
- Helps improve blood circulation and relieve tension,
- You receive a plastic carrying bag,
- The mats made from polyester and foam with a hard plastic covering and easy to clean,
- There is no mention of warranty
With the Spoonk Three Piece Combo set, you receive a regular mat with 6200 pressure points, one regular travel size mat that one can roll into a pillow, and one massage Grove ball. Now you can massage your whole body from your head to your toes.
You can use the smaller mat for a foot massage while standing on it. The mats made from a soft cotton material and had non-allergenic foam padding inside while the discs made from durable plastic. If you want a whole body tension, relieve this combo sets perfect.
For ease of traveling, you receive a bag included, and both the mats have a pleasant feel to it. If you are looking for something wrong with this acupressure mat, you will not find it. The only thing maybe the spikes that are a bit painful to lie on, but this is a norm with any acupressure mat and needs something getting used to.
This is one of the best acupressure mats with some great reviews.
First-rated Features and Benefits:
- You receive a superb combo set that includes the regular mat measuring 27.5 x 16.5-inches, a travel mat measuring 14 x 16.5-inches to use as a cushion and the new Spoonk Grove massage ball,
- The mats made from Eco-friendly material,
- Help relieve back pain, stiff neck, shoulder pain, tension, and improves sleep,
- Has a great feeling in the skin when lying on the cotton material,
- Rolls up to pack away or use the travel bag when going on a trip,
- Use while lying or seated,
- Use the travel mat as a pillow to relieve neck tension, and
- Receive a one-year warranty with a 30-day refund guarantee
Another superb acupressure set is the ProSource combo set that includes a mat and pillow. You can buy the combo sets in seven different colors to suit your personality. If you suffer from chronic back pain, this acupressure mat will help you to relieve the pain and many other ailments.
It is an inexpensive set, and with the dedicated pillow, you can use it separately from the acupressure mat. The mat itself gives you 8910 pressure points while the pillow gives you a total of 1782 acupressure points. Both the mat and pillows made of thick cotton with Eco-friendly plant-based foam. You can use up to 30-minutes a day at any time.
You can hand wash the cover as it has Velcro strips, wipe down the foam, and leave it out in the sun for fresh air. The only thing is that you do not receive a carrying bag with this combo set, but a pillowcase works well to store it away.
Exceptional Features and Benefits:
- The combo set has a separate mat and neck pillow,
- Choose from seven different vibrant colors,
- The complete set has a combination of ± 9000 pressure points,
- They used natural material and Eco-foam,
- Use it while lying down or sitting,
- The mat measures 26.8 x 16.5-inches, and
- You receive a lifetime warranty
If you are, only looking for lower back pain relief, you can use a simple mat, but with the Spinal Labs PT Lumbar back stretcher, it is different. This is more than a pad but a lumbar support designed to help increase flexibility in blood circulation.
If you spend hours at your desk and have lower back pains, this is one of the best acupressure stretchers available on the market. It helps to reverse the bend in your spine while lying on the floor. It has a covering of pyramids giving you stimulation on your sore muscles.
As an acupressure mat does not help with stretching this stretcher is superb. Compared to the acupressure mats this product is a bit pricey. It is quick and easy to use the same as the mat and loosens up knots to get circulation flowing. It is made of hard plastic while the stretchers made from two different density foams.
Terrific Features and Benefits:
- The Spinal Lumbar helps increase flexibility and treats sciatic pain in the lower back,
- Great to use if you are an active sports person, or you sit at a desk for hours,
- Can use it 10-minutes a day for back relief,
- Can use it while sitting up as a lumbar roll,
- Comes fully assembled,
- Made from hard plastic and two different density foams, and
- You only receive a 60-day limited money back guarantee
There is no need of visiting the spa when you have the complete Hemingweigh acupressure set. It is a great reliever of stress, tension, and aches and pains. The mat has a dimension of 29 x 17-inches and lightweight to take with you wherever you go.
The mats easy to use and includes a pillow with plastic nodes and when you lay down on it for the first time you feel a sharp poking sensation. After a couple of minutes, it subsides, and you start feeling relaxed. The headrest is great if you want to lift your head a little relieving tension in the neck and shoulders.
You receive a carrying case included that helps a lot when in need of traveling. This is a Swedish brand with great reviews.
Fabulous Features and Benefits:
- With the Hemingweigh pillow and mat, it helps to increase your energy levels and improves sleep,
- Relieves different ailments and pain,
- No mention of warranty,
- The mat measured 29 x 17-inches and made from quality material without using any form of glue, and
- Features 8820 contact points
For a great product, the Zen Guru complete acupressure package reasonably priced and comes with a pillow, mat, reflexology foot chart and a carrying bag. The mat itself has 6210 pressure points while the pillow has 1782 pressure points.
Use it in combination with the reflexology foot chart on the back of the mat to relieve certain pressure points for relief of different ailments. For using the mat as a foot acupressure reliever, stand on the mat. The mat measures 26 x 17-inches, and the pillow measures 17 x 7-inches.
The mat and pillows made from cotton and memory foam.
Marvelous Features and Benefits:
- Have loads of acupressure points,
- Designed with Magnetostatic field therapy,
- Lifetime money-back guarantee,
- You receive the mat, pillow, reflexology chart and a carrying bag,
- Made from cotton and memory foam,
- Has strategically placed magnets on it targeting the spine, neck, and lumbar regions of your back,
The Savasana Now acupressure tool sets made from soft cotton and the mat & pillow has more than 7900 ABS plastic pressure points and great to use for meditation. Lying on the combined set feels like lying on silk, and the eye pillow has lavender & flax seed filling with aromatherapeutic properties to help relieve stress.
You receive the mat, pillow, comfort towel, and four guided meditations with a carrying bag that has adjustable straps. It also has a special side pouch for your eye pillow. Choose from two different colors of blue and violet.
Magnificent Features and Benefits:
- You receive the acupressure mat, pillow, eye pillow, towel, four guided meditations, and a carry bag,
- The mat and pillow have a combination of 7900 ABS pressure points to relieve stress and pain,
- The eye pillow is made from silk material with lavender and flax seed filling and has aromatherapeutic properties,
- The comfort towels absorbent and made of antibacterial microfiber material and you can use it while doing yoga or pilates as a yoga blanket,
- You receive four guided meditations you can download,
- The carrying bag has an adjustable strap and a side pouch for the eye pillow,
- There is no mention of a warranty
The Super India Store tools designed for spot treatment and different problem areas such as at the bottom of your feet. If you need your whole body relieved of stress and pain, this may not be what you are looking for.
With the kit, you receive a free acupressure K-Roll deluxe, Su-Jok ball, thumb, and Su-Jok ring for your finger, energy role for your hands and feet, acupressure tool, reflexology chart for hands and feet.
It consists of 22 bio magnets, micro point charger, and energy ball. Included is an acupressure mat and is very compact to use. When applying your feet to the mat and feel extreme pressures you can use thin cotton socks or a cotton cloth to relieve the pressure.
Tremendous Features and Benefits:
- The package includes 22 bio magnets, energy ball, and a micro point charger,
- It helps to stimulate blood, oxygen flow and relieve different ailments,
- It is easy to use and has no side effects,
- The complete package has different items in it the acupressure K-Roll deluxe, Acu Tool, reflexology chart for hands and feet, acupressure mat for feet, Acu thumb, Su-Jok ring for the finger, and Su-Jok ball,
- The spikes placed perfectly,
- There is no mention of warranty
Choose the Right Acupressure Solution:
Our selection of the top 10-acupressure mats will give you an idea of what they can do for you. For relieving back pain, these products are affordable. If you want to improve flexibility over blood circulation the Spinal Labs the best product to use.
For those who have sensitive skin the Zensufu have the least irritating spikes, but may not be as effective as the rest of the acupressure mats when it comes to stimulation. If you are concerned about the price, you can look at the ProSource, as it is affordable and made well.
Using Your Acupressure Mat:
- For migraines – place your mat on a hard service and lie down on it, if your mat does not include its pillow find a small pillow and place it under your head and drape the mat over the pillow – relax in this position and breathe slowly and start rocking your head from one side to the other.
- Back and Neck Treatment – Place the mat in your bed and wear a t-shirt if you find the sensation too strong and lay on it for 35-45 minutes – for acute back pain it is best to place your mat on the floor and pull your knees up to your chest or roll the mat up and place it under your neck,
- For deep sleep treatment – lay on the mat placed on your bed with your head on your pillow and breathe deeply for 5-minutes – once ready to sleep remove the mat,
- For abdomen relaxation – place the mat under your abdomen for about 25-minutes. You can combine your treatment with a face massage treatment using a travel size mat in combination with the large mat,
- For a face massage treatment – position your face while covering your ear with a cloth and lie on each side for 5-minutes. The indentation disappears after 15-minutes – this helps to increase the circulation in your face, leaving it with a glow and produces collagen
A Word of Caution:
If you have high blood pressure, pregnant, have any neuropathy; suffer from any bleeding disorder, or any form of blood thinning medication except for aspirin you should not use the acupressure mat. If you happen to have any form of skin infection or inflammation, it is also best not to use the mat. However, if you have been to your doctor and your high blood pressures regulated, you can use the acupressure mat with appropriate caution.
Before using the mat and you have heart failure, sensitive skin or any form of a serious medical condition, always consult your physician first before using any of these products.
If you experience any form of seizure, always use the mat in the company of supervision while in use.
Always hang the mat up after use or roll it up and keep it in your carrying bag. The acupressure mats not made for children and best to keep it out of their reach. Never expose any of these products to heat, fire, or acetone.
Use Acupressure to Promote a Natural Healing:
In some respects, acupressures related to acupuncture. The only difference with acupressure is that you are not stuck with needles. Applying invigorating pressure that you apply to the aching muscles by using different trigger points help to promote a natural healing process and relieves stress.
When buying an acupressure mat, they have hard discs on them looking like little plastic flowers. Lying on one of these mats helps reduce stress and muscle aches through these discs. Not only does it help to relieve stress and pain it helps with blood circulation and other nagging problems.
Once you lie down the discs, feel like a nail bed and provides stimulation to get your blood flowing and loosens your muscles.
Acupressure Mats Not Only Made for Back Pain:
These mats are great for different users to massage tired feet or completely to lie on them to relax. You can even buy acupressure mats with extended pillows with discs to massage the upper part of your body and neck. This is great if you have tension on your shoulders and neck and great if you suffer from headaches.
How Do You Choose the Best Acupressure Mat?
Acupressure mats are popular around the world, and these days you can buy different brands of acupressure mats some of them include the popular Heavenly Acupressure, Himalaya, Shakti, and Yantra mats. When you look at the different acupressure mats, there may not seem to be a significant difference between them except for the price. You are wrong, as you still need to consider some factors when buying your acupressure mat that includes the following:
- The material the acupressure mats made from,
- The quality of the material the supplier used,
- Is the material toxic or have they used foam, and
- Does the mat have a warranty when you buy it?
Always make sure that the material used is non-toxic and made of high quality. The material used should be breathable, and the great material is linen and natural cotton. Some are made of synthetic fabrics and not breathable. When looking at the spikes or discs, it should be non-toxic and ABS plastic that is the same they use in Lego blocks. If you look at the cheaper acupressure mats, it may have a toxic BPA material used in it. If you choose a foam mat, choose one made from Eco-foam or rubber.
The Quality and Adhesives Used in the Mat:
Qualities important to look at as you may find that manufacturers use low-quality cotton and find that the mat may pull apart easily with use. Choose a mat made with high-quality material to last you decades. Always insist on buying a mat where no glue used. The cheaper mats have the spikes attached with toxic glue. Sometimes you will smell the glue when using the mat. An acupressure mats designed to improve your health and not make you sick. Also, never fall for the old trick of we use non-toxic glue not true.
Check the Foam:
In general, manufacturers use polyurethane foam for cushioning in the mats. When you look at Heavenly acupressure mats, they use a non-toxic foam rubber while Pranamat Eco made from coconut fibers instead of using the rubber foam. While Spock uses Eco-foam as cushioning in their acupressure mats.
Do You Get a Warranty on Your Acupressure Mat?
If a company stands behind their brand, they give you a great warranty. This shows you that they make high-quality products, and it’s built to last. Make sure, if you get a guarantee when buying. Look out for the traditional warranty of only 30 to 60 days. Rather look for a brand that gives you at least a year warranty.
When you think of the price of a bottle of medicine or painkillers, an acupressure mat is worthwhile buying and cost you less in the end. Using any one of these top 10 acupressure mats will help relieve your back pain, make you feel relaxed and improves your blood circulation. It will heal different ailments, and with a well-balanced diet, you can go into the 21st century feeling healthy.