10 Best USB Wifi Adapters in 2018 Review & USB Wifi Adapters Buying Guide:
Are you struggling with a slow internet connection at home? You have tried everything from moving your router to the PC. Yet you are still having problems and with everyone digitally connected, the problem can persist. No matter what the problem is, having an unstable network not nice an annoying. Thankfully, you can solve this by using the best USB Wifi Adapter in 2018. You can connect this handy device to your PC or laptop.
You can find different adapters that are remarkable and works wonderfully with your local connectivity, especially in rural areas or big homes. Here we have selected the 10 Best USB Wi-Fi adapters at affordable prices. The gadgets fast and will help make your connection to the internet faster for all living in the home.
Once installed you get an easy and smooth connection in every room of the house. Solve your slow internet problems and say goodbye to your lagging online video, gaming, and more today. Start experiencing a fast non-buffering experience and get your USB Wifi adapter here.
Top 10 Best USB Wi-Fi Adapter:
- 1 Top 10 Best USB Wi-Fi Adapter:
- 1.1 1 ASUS USB-AC68
- 1.2 2 NETGEAR AC1200 USB Wifi Adapter
- 1.3 3 Netgear Nighthawk AC1900
- 1.4 4 Linksys WUSB6300 AC1200
- 1.5 5 Glam Hobby OURLINK AC600
- 1.6 6 TP-Link T2UH Wi-Fi Adapter
- 1.7 7 BrosTrend USB Wi-Fi Adapter
- 1.8 8 Trendnet TEW-809UB
- 1.9 9 Panda Wireless PAU06
- 1.10 10 D-Link DWA-192 Wifi Dongle for PC
- 1.11 USB Wifi Adapters Buying Guide and FAQ:
- 1.12 What is better an internal card or external wireless network adaptor?
- 1.13 How do you choose the right wifi receiver for your PC?
For an up-to-date external wireless adapter, you need the Asus USB-AC68. With the device, you get support for transferring 600 Mbps using a 2.4GHz band. When using the 5GHz band you get up to 1300 Mbps speeds.
The antennas available on the device gives it a great touch and looks similar to the ones found on the Asus AC5300 router. The interface options the USB3.0 and makes for one of the best desktop extenders.
You can use it with Windows 7 up to 10 and it works with OS X10.7+ systems as well. You receive a one-year warranty when purchasing wifi adapter for PC here. The device you receive in a nicely packed box with all the important information at the bottom. With the gaming look, the USB-AC68 stands well next to any high-end gaming router. The quality of the builds exceptional but you needs to take care of the antennas.
The transmitters connected with thin plastic and best to take care when used. The units capable of reaching up to 132 Mbps while using the 5GHz band and can reach up to 434 Mbps compared to a PCIe. Even connecting it with your Windows 10 software is superb without any issues.
- Upgrades your desktop or laptop instantly when connected to a dual-band AC1900 Wi-Fi for extended coverage
- Designed with 3×4 MIMO and has a dual 3-position eternal receiver with two built-in antennas
- You get the AiRadar Beamforming
- Included is the USB 3.0 cradle offering you added placement
- The external aerials are foldable making the device portable to take anywhere
- Will help to increase the wifi speed and comes with a one-year warranty
- Connects quickly
- Helps boost a signal fast
- Designed with Beamforming
- Does have minor connectivity problems when used with Linux
With both an internal and external antenna, the ASUS USB-AC68 offers you a comfortable and stable connection. It works with a USB3.0 connection with exceptional bandwidth rates. The only drawback is it has problems connecting to Linux systems.
With the AC1200 Netgear, you get a true dual-band USB3.0 wireless adapter made for high-speed use. The theoretical speed is up to 300Mbps when used over a 2.4GHz Wireless-N bandwidth.
Furthermore, you get up to 867Mbps when using the 5 GHz Wireless-AC frequencies. In addition, if you do not know yet the wireless-AC is the latest Wi-Fi protocol with outstanding speeds.
The AC1200 wifi connector for PC has a huge antenna that folds out and in the box, you get the adapter and driver. The unit is a bit costly and may not be feasible to buy if you only have a home network that reaches a speed of 30-100Mbps.
There are other cheaper USB wifi dongles available, but if you do have the money to spend click through here and make it part of your home network connection. Other important notes to make sure you use it with a dual-band router.
- You get quick access to the USB 3.0 and it is compatible with USB 2.0
- Connects with the latest 11ac Wi-Fi devices and is backward compatible as well with other 802.11 devices
- Designed with Beamforming to help boost the speed and range
- The wireless performance is 300Mbps and 867Mbps
- Foldable antennas and include a desktop dock for placement
- Works with Push ‘N’ Connect and works with the Netgear Genie Setup
- Works with Windows and Apple Mac systems
- You get a year warranty
- Excellent to use at home for HD streaming
- The setup is easy
- For streaming games, it is outstanding
- Has overheating issues.
If you need a high-gain with dual-band transmitter giving you a stable connection the Netgear AC1200 is ideal. You can use it with old and new USB ports the only problem is it does overheat with continuous use.
For a professional choice, you can look at the Nighthawk AC1900 from Netgear. The USB wifi dongle has twice the thickness and width of a basic USB drive.
The antenna flips up and gives you a fantastic connection in all directions. You get the MIMO feature and it has the 802.11ac connection as well. You get a serious internet connection with the 1.9 GHz. The wifi receiver for PC is not the same as your budget-friendly network adapters.
You get a long-range extension dock with a magnetic bottom to stick anywhere. Not only does the AC1900 offer you speed it gives you an outstanding range as well. Depending on the point, you direct the transmitters the reception can change. For altering the aerial direction, you flip it up as you use to do with older phones.
You can use the included dock for more flexibility. The adapter offers you a 0.9 Gbit/s using it over the 2.4 GHz channel with up to 600 Mbps speeds and on the 5 GHz bandwidth, you get up to 1300 Mbps.
Furthermore, you can use the unit with any computer but there are limitations. It works best with USB 3.0 ports or USB 3.1 A and C connections. When used with a USB 2.0 port the speeds are not as desired and slower. When used with Windows 10 and over it works right out of the box, but you will need the CD to install the drivers with older systems.
- You get up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz and up to 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz channel
- Offers you a dual-band connection that is faster
- Supports multiple OS systems
- With the built-in Windows standalone driver, you can easily connect to your home network
- Offers you more bandwidth to download and upload data with the 3×4 MIMO design
- Connects to most wifi routers
- Offers you multiple in and out the connection
- The networking capability is excellent
- Connects fast
The Nighthawk AC1900 is the best wireless network adapter to use with your desktop. The device may be costly but offers you fantastic speed with a reliable connection for streaming content and surfing.
The AC1200 is a dual-band USB wifi adaptor with 2×2 MIMO configurations. With the two transmitters on the inside, it offers you a compact and versatile design. You connect it with the USB 3.0 port and it supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
On the top of the device, there are LEDs showing the connection status and WPS activity. The installation process is simple with the Linksys and comes with a CD setup included. The 2×2 adapter works well with 3×3 routers but the speeds slower.
- Works with Windows systems
- You get up to 867 Mbps speeds on the 5 GHz band and 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz channel
- You can use it with all 802.11ac routers and also supports 128-bit encryption
- With the WPS button, you can easily connect it to your router
- Excellent speed
- The installations easy
- Superior performance
- Only covers a 30-foot area
Among wireless network devices, the Linksys WUSB6300 offers you the best connectivity with reasonable speeds. The only downside is that it covers a 30-feet range.
For the cheapest USB Wi-Fi adapter, you can look at the OURLINK AC600. For an in-house blast of HD, video streaming the AC600 is an excellent choice. The plug and play setup makes things easier for you and has an omnidirectional transmitter.
The antennas large and you can bump it easily. The unit offers you a decent speed over the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. For streaming games, videos and more it offers you a lag-free use.
- The AC600 runs faster than your Wireless N connector and works with 802.11 ac and other generations of Wi-Fi
- Designed with the dual band for streaming content over the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- Can create a Wi-Fi hotspot for your mobile devices when only having a wired connection
- Works with Windows and Mac OS and backward compatible
- You receive a mini-CD to update the driver
- Connects easily
- Compact design
- The antenna can get in the way
- Signal issues
For value, the OURLINK AC600 is the best wireless network adapter and suitable for streaming content. You can use it with both frequencies and has the 802.11ac protocol. Are you a gamer you will love this connector check it out here.
The Archer T2UH from TP-Link has the size of a memory stick and works with 203 dB transmitters. With the dual band design, you get a better range and fast speeds on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
You get transfer rates of up to 583Mbps on both the channels. You may think it is one of the latest models but is actually a USB 2.0 dongle. For average speeds, the wifi connector for PC is good and great to use at home or a small business. The only lack it has is the Windows 10 drivers.
- Has an external antenna with a long range
- The highest speed is up to 600Mbps using both bands
- You can use it for streaming content from videos to gaming
- Included you get a two-year warranty with 24/7 technical support
- Works with most wifi routers to upgrade your desktop or laptop
- You get included a 3-meter cable to help extend the range
- Great two-year warranty
- Does not work with Windows 10 systems
What makes the TP-Link Archer USB Wi-Fi dongle unique is the omnidirectional and detachable antenna. You get a WPS button and the theoretical speed is 600Mbps. The biggest problem you will face is installing it on a Windows 10 system, as the software is not yet available.
The AC1 from BrosTrend is another dual-band wifi dongle for PC use. You can use it on the laptop or desktop and has a portable design. The device measures 3-inches and has a cap for storage.
You can employ it with any Wi-Fi network with the dual band function. The external wireless adapter works with Windows versions and automatically sets up with the plugging design. The 5GHz speed results excellent but the 2.4GHz band lacks a little. Therefore, if you are able to use the 802.11ac band you will not have problems.
- The wireless speed is 867Mbps when used with the 5GHz band and with the 2.4GHz channel you get 300Mbps
- Works with the latest 802.11 AC wireless connection
- Can use it with any router and OS systems
- With the USB 3.0 port, you get up to ten times faster speed compared to using it with a USB 2.0 port
- Great design that works flawlessly
- Connects easily
- Compact and affordable
- Does not offer you a fantastic speed when used with the 2.4GHz channel
For an inexpensive wifi dongle, the BrosTrend AC1 has a high speed when used with the 5GHz band for the extended wireless range. With the thin size, you can take it with you anywhere while the cap keeps it secure.
Here we have another dual-band USB wireless adaptor the TEW-809UB from Trendnet. The device installs quickly with the 802.11ac technology and you get amazing speeds. There are four high-gain antennas but does drop at the 30-foot range.
However, if your PC is not further than that it remains a great option to buy. The unit looks like a spider and has a rectangular base. The aerials you can remove or adjust to enhance the depth. On the gadget is a blue LED to indicate network activity. At the back of the external wireless adapter, you get the micro-b USB 3.0 power port with a WPS button on the front. The AC1900 offers you a speed of 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 300Mbps on the 5GHz channel. You get Beamforming and have WPA2, WPA, and WEP encryption.
- The antennas detachable and adjustable for the best wireless coverage
- Helps to upgrade your desktop and laptop with up to 1300Mbps connection
- You can use it for streaming video and games at high speeds
- Has a blue LED indicator light with a USB 3.0 connection
- Installs quickly
- Offers a fast speed
- Great for streaming content at home
- Big and not compact to take anywhere
- Loses connection over 30-feet
The TEW-809UB offers you a dual-band connection that works well in a close proximity. For streaming games and other content, it will not disappoint you but best to have your computer in close distance.
The wireless network adapter from Panda offers you simply plug and play solution to improve your network connectivity. The PAU06 offers you more than just the easy install and picks up signals clearly through walls.
For heavy gaming systems, you will not get any lag but it is a bit on the bulky side to use with a laptop. You can use it with your PC if it has a USB port, 1GHz CPU and 1GB of memory. You can connect it with 802.11g wireless networks but does not work with 5GHz. You even get the best security with the WPA, WEP, and WPA2 encryption. The connections clear and stable plus you will have no problems with the installation. Furthermore, you get a 1-year warranty included.
- The maximum wireless speed is 300Mbps
- Works with multiple OS systems
- Can connect it only with 2.4GHz routers
- Presents you with high-security encryptions
- Easy to install the plug and play option
- One-year warranty
- Excellent speed
- Does work with both frequency bands
- Include dual 5 DBI transmitters
- Works better with the 2.5 than the 5GHz
With the USB port connection, the Panda PAU06 is a powerful unit you plug in and use. You can use it with any computer and helps improve your internet connection at home.
Do you need the best gaming wifi receiver for your PC? You will love the D-Link DWA-192 that looks like a small spaceship. The device connects easily to your computer with the plug and play and comes at an affordable price.
With the ball design, the USB WIFI adapter is great for gamers. On the inside, it has three antennas so no transmitters getting in the way. On the other hand, it has a fast speed but when it comes to portability, it is lacking. You cannot place it in your pocket and needs handling with care. You receive a USB 3.0 cable that can get in the way. You can achieve an excellent speed on the 5GHz band up to 504Mbps while the 2.4GHz offers you 160Mbps.
- You get an ultimate wireless experience up to 1900Mbps using both bands
- Offers you a flexible connectivity with the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels
- Works with AC Smart Beam to help improve the coverage
- Connects fast via the USB 3.0 connection and has a WPS Button
- The device is backward compatible
- Offers you a great speed
- Great design
- Excellent build quality
- Not suitable for laptops as it does not have a portable design
For a gorgeous looking wifi receiver for PC use, this one is excellent. The build quality is superb and looks great standing on your desktop. You will get the best USB Wifi Adapter available on the market at a great price.
USB Wifi Adapters Buying Guide and FAQ:
Do you need an External Wireless Adapter?
The USB Wi-Fi gadget is a device that works similar to a radio and runs on a 4 GHz frequency. For a reliable internet connection on your mobile device or computer, the gadget helps to connect you to a wireless network. If you still have an older PC that does not have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter card using the external wireless adapter is necessary.
However, we still recommend you install an internal adapter card extra. If you are struggling to get in touch with the internet, using a wifi connector for your PC is the solution. You attach it to your USB port on the desktop or your laptop to receive a signal from the router and other devices.
There are other alternatives you can use such as an Ethernet Wi-Fi adaptor that works similar to the USB one.
What is better an internal card or external wireless network adaptor?
You have two choices available using an internal or external wireless wifi dongle. Therefore, what are the differences?
- Internal Wireless Adapters – they give you more consistent signal strength with a faster download speed. The biggest benefit is that the card is on the inside and do not be damaged easily. You get two typed a PCI and the PCIe and both have two antennas sticking out the back. When used on a laptop you can find a variety of models that work via a circuit chip and do not have an antenna.
- External USB Wi-Fi Adapter – the biggest advantage of this device is the portable design to use it with any computer. They are great if you need to swap your wireless network when using a new computer. They are easier to install and only takes a couple of minutes. Furthermore, you do not need a technician to install it.
How do you choose the right wifi receiver for your PC?
- Speed and Signal Strength – for some users speeds more important and depends on the chipset used in the device. The best is to pick one with an RTL8192cu chipset.
- Power Use – here the power consumption can vary in the different brands of USB wifi adapters available. You may find that some adapters need a separate strength and best to pick one that receives power from the computer.
- The Antenna – here the design of the antenna can also vary from one manufacturer to another. Check the maximum range as this offers you a faster and smoother signal strength.
Hooking up your desktop or laptop to the network wirelessly is a personal choice. The least expensive option compared to going to a technician to install an internal wifi card. All you need to do is pick one of the best USB Wifi Adapters here and connect it to your system.
They are easy to swap out between your desktop and laptop and convenient to use. You can even find a flexible and portable one on the list. With the latest plug and play solutions, you can get your USB wifi dongle working in no time.